Saturday, December 17, 2005

Here We Go...

I had refrained from reading the TWoP message boards about The Apprentice finale because the whole season underwhelmed me, but apparently people are playing the race card. In case you don't watch or were too tremendously bored to watch the whole season, the choice was down to Rebecca, a pretty 23-year-old financial journalist (who made me feel really bad about my "accomplishments" thus far) who is dull as dirt and seems unable to start a sentence without saying, "Mr. Trump." She was pretty innocuous except for the way she talked. I can't explain it; it was just annoying. I liked her though, because she broke her ankle early in the game (on a reward of playing ice hockey--expecting the men to win much, Donald [although I would freaking love that reward]?) and never complained about it and only rarely brought it up. Can you imagine how much some of those famewhores would have milked that? Anyway, the other candidate was Randal, a black man (don't know his age, but I'd say mid- to late-30s) who has every degree imaginable from excellent schools, was a Rhodes scholar, was also dull as dirt, but seemed really nice and wasn't as annoying as Rebecca. I liked Randal because his grandmother died in the beginning of the show, and he also didn't bitch about it and rarely mentioned it.

At the finale, Randal won, in my opinion because he had a better record overall, his event actually raised money for charity which was sort of the whole point, and he had much more experience and education. The Donald then asked Randal (on live TV, mind you) if he felt he should also hire Rebecca, and Randal said no. Awkward! Randal actually said, "It's called The Apprentice, not The Apprenti." Shoutout! Anyway, now people are calling racist because Randal is not only the first black winner, but also the first person who was asked about hiring the other finalist. As I've said before, I believe The Donald has some sort of disorder like Asperger's or PDD. I don't think he meant any malice, I just think he's an idiot with no social skills. If anything, his doing that was motivated by wanting to screw Rebecca literally, not screw Randal figuratively. In the beginning of the season, The Donald made a comment about how pretty the female finalists were. That goes along with asking the one candidate if he was gay and the other if he was a virgin. The Donald just has no sense of what is inappropriate.

And that's all I have to say about that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

I only watched about a half hour the other night, because nothing else was on. I didn't watch all season, because, frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about Donald Trump.

Whether that guy is black or white or orange makes no difference to me, because I now think he's a complete asshole, no matter what his race. What a glory-whoring prick.

12/17/2005 2:17 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I don't know if I think he's an asshole or not. I'd like to say I would hire the other person as well, but I don't know if I really would.

12/17/2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I am SO glad to be able to say I have NEVER watched "The Donald's" show. I think he is the biggest loser on the planet, and I HATE how everyone calls him, "The Donald". (I did it above, just for effect). :)

On a different note tho, I really have to check out that TWOP thing. I've heard great things about it! :)

12/18/2005 2:34 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

If someone asked Trump to share *his* title, what would his answer likely be?

12/19/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

eliza: Yeah, he's a fool. You should definitely check TWoP out; it's very funny.

goddess: The answer would be hell no!

12/19/2005 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home