Thursday, December 08, 2005

Amen! Part II

I am going to drive out to Chicago and give this man a big kiss. I know my perspective is biased because I don't have children, and I admit that I have no clue what it's like to take a child to a public place, but I HATE when I go somewhere and there are screaming, misbehaving children. I understand that children act up, but then their parents need to take them outside to calm down. I think I'm pretty reasonable; if I go to a movie geared towards children or a fast food place, I expect a little bit of acting up, but if I'm in a nicer restaurant or an R-rated movie I don't expect children to be causing a ruckus. Don't get me started on what type of parent would take his or her young child to an R-rated movie, especially late at night.

I think our nation has become so worried about offending everyone that people feel a sense of entitlement. I don't think there's anything wrong with a business owner asking people to leave because they can't control their children. But nowadays we all have to be able to do whatever we want to do. It's not like the guy put a sign out that said, "No minorities allowed," for god's sake! Parents, please realize that it's not cute when your children misbehave and are loud, it's annoying.

2 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

I just hate that we can't say Christmas. It is what is its. So tired of offending someone. I realize Happy Holidays does the trick but lets face it 12/25 is CHRISTMAS. Don't like it..don't celebrate it. That way people can stop complaining about the traffic and family obligations. Go to work that day then. March over and out.

12/08/2005 10:10 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I know! December 25 is Christmas, not Holiday! People suck.

12/08/2005 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home