Thursday, September 22, 2005

My Favorite Book is...Magazines!

And my hobby is diabetes. Sorry, Simpsons reference. I promised to reward myself for quitting smoking (it has been more than 1 week, by the way), and it seems like one of my rewards is going to be magazines. I talked last week about ordering Real Simple (which rocks!) and People. Today I ordered Everyday Food, one of Martha Stewart's magazines. My mom used to get that from the library, and it had gorgeous food photography (it is Martha Stewart after all) and had good, realistic recipes. I looked at the online preview and there were at least 5 things I would actually make. I deserve it, dammit! Now I just have to work on not eating everything in sight. That is definitely one of the downfalls of quitting.

3 Comments:

Blogger j said...

Kudos to you for one week without smokes, my friend.

Also, kudos for the Simpsons reference. (My students get tired of them from me but virtually every meaningful lesson in life or work of literature has been parodied by that show.)

9/22/2005 8:42 PM  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

Congrats for quitting--I should do so myself.

9/22/2005 11:53 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Thanks, both of you. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. J: My boyfriend and I have Simpsons references for almost every situation!

9/23/2005 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home