Tuesday, September 20, 2005

On Being a Homebody

I don't understand why being a homebody is considered a bad thing. I suppose it's bad if it borders on agoraphobia, but I see nothing wrong with preferring a night at home watching a movie to going out to a hot, sweaty, loud club and paying more for one mixed drink than I would pay for the whole bottle at the liquor store. Not that I would be content to sit at home every night and never go anywhere, but I have everything at home I could possibly need, and I am more comfortable there than anywhere else. I guess I can chalk my preference up to being cheap, lazy, and easily annoyed by people.

I'm so happy that fall is almost here. I never liked fall that much because it meant that school was starting again, but now that I work year-round, I can truly appreciate it. I can even tolerate the cold as long as it's mild and it only occurs in the morning and at night. I'll be happy to say good-bye to 80% humidity.

4 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

that picture is amazing.

9/21/2005 1:31 AM  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

i am (for the most part) and homebody too, although that's perhaps more to do with having two littlies and babysitters being kinda thin on the ground

on the upside, when i do go out, it's a big big deal and i really appreciate and enjoy it

but you can't beat a friday night, me and mr chick with a thai takeaway, watching some tv/a film, a couple of chilled beers etc.

[yes, also love that picture - i always wanted to see new england in the autumn...maybe i will]

9/21/2005 7:26 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

What a beautiful photo. And I'm a homebody, too.

9/21/2005 9:35 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I'm the same way. When I go out I have tons of fun because I'm not doing it every day. That picture is gorgeous (I had to take it down because it screwed up my blog on IE). I've never been to New England in autumn, but I can imagine how gorgeous it must be.

9/21/2005 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home