Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Movie Recommendation

The other week I watched Election, and it was really good! It's a great satire of high school government and high school life in general, both for teachers and students. I'm not a huge fan of Reese Witherspoon, but she was good in this movie, and I'll always love Matthew Broderick. I actually laughed out loud while watching it by myself, which is something I rarely do. I liked it much better than Rushmore and would strongly recommend it. Check out a review from someone who writes them much better than I.

5 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

What a great movie - we ended up buying it, since we knew we'd just end up rewatching it anyhow. Mr. Broderick was really awesome in it. And I can see why they cast Chris Klein - he did do a good, if unsurprising, job at being a sweet dimwit.

9/27/2005 7:45 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I thought Chris Klein did a great job too! When I saw that he was in it I was sort of "meh," because I had only even seen him in American Pie, but he was really good. I think the best thing about Matthew's performance was that I actually believed he was an angsty high school teacher instead of an actor with millions and millions of dollars.

9/28/2005 9:38 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I have to put my plug in here for Bewitched. Have you seen it? Are you a Will Ferrell fan? It's really a funny funny movie! :) I'll have to check out this one you recommended.....:)

9/28/2005 1:37 PM  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

a totally brilliant movie - so sharp and funny...both ms witherspoon and mr broderick are on top form

must add it to my screen select list to watch again...

9/29/2005 8:34 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I don't know about Bewitched; I've heard bad things about it. I can take Will Ferrell if he's not being overly annoying. I liked Anchorman the first time, but not the second. I'll have to put it on my queue. :-)

9/29/2005 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home