Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Random Thoughts

I want to play Half-Life, but Chris is asleep on the couch behind me, and I don't think he wants to be awakened by the sound of me shooting aliens and Marines with a sub-machine gun. Therefore, I'm watching Dancing With the Stars, or whatever it's called. It's meh, except for the fact that Joey McIntyre is on. Squeeeee! I loved the New Kids back in the day. I had sheets, posters, books, trading cards, towels, etc. Oh, who the hell am I kidding. Back in the day? I still have some NKOTB mp3s on my computer, and if I could locate my old tapes, I would listen to them. I love his Boston accent!

What's the deal with dead birds in our yard? I found another one tonight on our front porch area.

I called my mom to invite my parents over for dinner and the first Saturday she was available was in the middle of August. It's sad that my mom has a more active social life than I do.

I sat outside for an hour tonight drinking beer, reading the paper, and watching the goings-on. It was nice to just sit and relax.

While I was sitting outside watching the goings-on, I saw a person do an idiotic thing (hard to believe, I know). We live near an intersection that frequently backs up past our "driveway." There was a truck stopped at the intersection and a minivan about 10 feet behind him. Someone drove up and wanted to turn left into our driveway thingy, so the minivan backed up instead of just pulling up a couple feet. Idiots!

6 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

I THINK I finally did it! YAY! I rock!

6/22/2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger j said...

You need good headphones or something so you can play when you need to.

What kind of dead birds? I know dead crows are a sign that West Nile Virus may be in the area, but I don't know if it affects other birds.

They expect it to get to us either over the Rockies or up from Oregon this summer.

NKOTB? Blogs ARE for our most damning secrets, aren't they?

J.

6/22/2005 11:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

feather - you did it!

j - The headphone jack on my computer is on the back of the computer, and my CPU is on the floor under my desk, so I would need headphones with an extremely long cord. I've listened to music at my computer with my headphones and I had to lean over like a hunchback.

Thank you for making me paranoid about the West Nile Virus. Up until now I eschewed the media's propaganda regarding it.

I bet the majority of girls within 5 years either way of my age still like NKOTB for nostalgia purposes, even if they aren't brave enough to admit it like I am.

6/23/2005 9:19 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I was thinking as I wrote that that you would probably have a smart-ass comment. It figures you would register on Blogger to correct me on that :-P

6/23/2005 8:09 PM  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

Your blog is great! I'm so glad I decided to read it, I think we'd get along just fine. I actually went on a rant about grammar in one of my early posts.

Oh, and I used to have a NKOTB nightgown with frilly green trim. :) How's that for cool?

6/24/2005 10:11 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

berkeley - I'm so jealous! :-)

6/26/2005 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home