Tuesday, December 09, 2008

That's It?

So apparently the procedure I had done today is a whole lot of nothing. I was under twilight and not full anesthesia, and they said I only slept 5 minutes after I came into the recovery room. The last thing I remember is being worried about 5 people staring at my naughty bits, then the sedative kicked in and I started laughing, then I was out like a light. I woke up what felt like 5 minutes later (it was actually 40) and had no idea where the hell I was, but figured it out really quickly. I asked the nurse if I could have some caffeine and ibuprofin (but first I had her check to make sure I wasn't going to be charged for it because I'm a cheap bastard) and that was it. I was rarin' to get the hell out of there and eat real food! The hardest part was getting the IV in because I have invisible veins, but the nurse got it on the first try after flicking my hand for 5 minutes. I'm in absolutely no pain and just a little tired, but I didn't sleep well last night anyway. I don't want to get too excited though, since I don't know how I'll feel tomorrow. But so far everything's all well and good. Thanks for the well wishes!

8 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Hope you have a quick recovery!

12/10/2008 12:06 AM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Heal fast and well!

12/10/2008 12:15 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

great news....

12/10/2008 8:59 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Very happy about this. Best wishes!

12/10/2008 11:41 AM  
Blogger B. said...

Guess I should have read this post before I sent you a FB message tonight.

*My word verification is "fortheat." Interesting.

12/10/2008 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that's over with! Good deal!

Last time I had surgery I woke up while I was still laying flat. I started screaming, STOP, I'm AWAKE! And the doctor (he was really attractive too) was like, we're done, it's okay! Kind of embarassing.

12/17/2008 9:10 PM  
Blogger A.S.S. said...

Hope you're recovered. Have a very nice holiday!

12/23/2008 9:29 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing.

12/23/2008 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home