Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My Tiny Dancer: Jon Peter Lewis

I am one of those people who is obsessed with American Idol. I didn't become obsessed until the third season though. The reason was JPL. Although I occasionally enjoy pop music as I'm driving, cleaning, or some other mundane activity, I have no interest in the cookie-cutter pop idols that the first 2 seasons of AI provided. JPL was like a breath of fresh air. Wonderfully pure voice, not afraid to make an ass out of himself, easy on the eyes, and seemingly a person I would want to hang out with in real life.

A lot of JPL's fans have been patiently waiting for his album to be released, having heard rumors of several different potential dates. While I will buy his album when it comes out, I have to confess that my interest is waning as the months pass. I don't like him any less, but I only have so much patience. We have not, to my knowledge, been told what the hold-up is about, but I almost feel betrayed as a fan. If this is the way I, as a die-hard fan, feel, I can imagine how casual fans must feel. In all honesty, they probably don't feel any way, because he is old news as far as the AI machine is concerned. If he wants to have any hope of longevity he needs to get his ass in gear.

Check out JPL's
website for samples of his new, original music. It really is good! The fame clock is ticking though...

2 Comments:

Blogger StickyKeys said...

I can only imagine JPL singing the Saved By The Bell theme song... and rocking it!

5/24/2005 10:26 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Now, thanks to you, everyone in my office probably thinks I'm insane due to my laughing hysterically at that thought. :-)

5/24/2005 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home